FORUM CLOSED. MOVING FINNALLY TO WOWSTEAD. THIS FORUM WILL REMAIN AS A BACKUP HOST.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM CLOSED. MOVING FINNALLY TO WOWSTEAD. THIS FORUM WILL REMAIN AS A BACKUP HOST.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"WE HAVE MOVED TO whispersofthehorde.wowstead.com TO UNITE WITH ALL GUILDS AND HOSTS THAT ARE AVAILABLE THERE."
ALL POSTS ARE MOVED. THE RP EVENT CAN CONTINUE ON WOWSTEAD FORUMS.

RP Tutorial - SUGGESTIONS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ali'Duz
Admin
Ali'Duz

Number of posts : 101
Experience : 197
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Status
Role: Da'at
Class: Shaman
Tittle: Fang of Ysera

RP Tutorial - SUGGESTIONS Empty
PostSubject: RP Tutorial - SUGGESTIONS   RP Tutorial - SUGGESTIONS EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:40 am

First of all, remember that we play on a RP flagged server, even with the PvP mark on it. If you wish to be on PvP only, there are many servers who will welcome you. You are aware of this line, but many are not. Do not fear to RP openly on cities, roads, dungeons and raids. This server was made for it. Many see the RPPvP server as a place where you act differently with one type or the other. PvPers do RP with RPers? So why would you stop acting like your character when grouping with PvPers? Don't think you're going to delay the party with a few sayings. Actually, if you are IC enough, you can even encourage them to interact. I have played long enough this game to see this happen. Also, being a mature RPer does not mean you won't be lvling normally: We give importance to RP groups, raids, dungeons.

But don't forget: You will most likelly have a negative response than a positive one. When RPing openly, wich is strongly suggested to change the server's current state, you will see people mocking you, making fun or saying shit. THEY don't need to exist on RPlines. Just ignore their presence and keep your RP with others. I had people apologizing me after trying ruining the RP just because I ignored them.You will find that even talking to an npc (wich can be done automatically through RP Addons) can trigger something good on people witnessing that. Doing this you might find interesting interactions with strangers who want to come onboard in the middle of the city, the road and any other populated place. This guild won't be cornered to RP in secret places where PvPers can't go. Of course we will hold events frequently on interesting and isolated places, but do not see it as a refuge. Be strong and make your mark on this server.

All this doing might look like exaggeration, but the time I played this game was extremely satisfying because, more than having great times with friends, even today, after spending more than an year without playing, people still remember me as Ali'Duz, and not only from the old Whispers, but from other guilds as well.

You don't need to stop attacking your foe to /spit on its face. Addons and MACROS can do automatically that. Learn how to make your character interesting, so yourself have fun with it while lvling, playing alone or not. Go to RPPvP-Addons and RPPvP-MACROS topics to find good stuff for your RP and PvP. It's strongly suggested that you equip yourself with a RP addon. It will make your character look more alive, and without making you stop what you're doing to say something. Just imagine your tauren warrior doing /moo while charging an enemy and you'll get what I mean.

Remember: we are an open RP guild. That means your name will be remembered, either for good or bad. So act as your character AND as a member of this clan, that wishes to unite forces, not split them more than the lore actually is doing on the Horde side. If your character is stubborn, anxious or with any other trait that might piss others off on RP, be sure to send players a /whisper telling them that this was only your CHARACTER, not YOUR - RL - SELF. There are players who don't get that and this might turn a bad wave on your reputation if you're not carefull enough.
Back to top Go down
http://woth.omgforum.net

RP Tutorial - SUGGESTIONS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FORUM CLOSED. MOVING FINNALLY TO WOWSTEAD. THIS FORUM WILL REMAIN AS A BACKUP HOST. :: Instructions-
Jump to: